Inside the Gym
Sport & Fitness
Inside the Gym
The gym at University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness offers an unrivalled experience with a huge range of Technogym equipment.
Covering two levels, the upper floor contains a huge range of cardiovascular and resistance machines as well as an area for functional training and stretching.
The lower floor has an extensive range of free weights, Olympic lifting platforms, cable machines and cardio machines for warming up. The gym overlooks the 50-metre swimming pool and has a light, spacious feel.
JOIN ONLINE & START USING THE GYM TODAY
GYM GROUP TRAINING
These programmed sessions will add variety and all-round body conditioning to your workouts.
Very different from group exercise classes, Gym Group Training is designed by personal trainers using cardio equipment, free weights, bodyweight and flexibility exercises.
Available to students with a Sport & Fitness Prime; Sport & Fitness Core; Tiverton Gym Plus or non-student members who have classes included in their membership (inclusive membership).
Muscle and Weight Analysis
State-of-the-art equipment is used to establish your overall body fat, muscle and water mass percentages, as well as its distribution around your body. This helps to track how your body reacts to improvements you make to your nutrition and exercise routine. Your height, weight and body mass index will also be measured.
- 30+ cardiovascular stations, including state-of-the-art energy saving treadmills, rowers and spin cycles to provide a varied workout
- Two bespoke climbing mills
- Best-in-class cross trainers with built in routines, ensuring an all round workout. Vary your experience by choosing from our free motion, arc motion or elliptical trainers.
- Group cycle stations as well as various upright bikes.
- Exceptional free weights training facilities including nine lifting bay squat racks
- Three olympic standard benches
- Bench pull station
- Dumbbell station with wide variety of weight variations, up to 30kg.
- Seven adjustable weight benches, including incline and decline variations
- Multipower smith machine
- Assisted dip chin machine
- Target key muscle groups with the military shoulder press, preacher curl bench and standing leg curl stations.
- Environmental-conscious equipment is a key feature of the gym, including self-powered skillmills
Join online now and choose your start date.